|Student Award Nominations|
- Gilder Lehrman History Scholar of the Year
- Preserve America Presidential Award
- Read 180 All-Stars - Outstanding Achievements of Students with Reading Challenges Including Special Education and English as a Second Language
- National Youth Leadership Forum - Law, Medicine, Nursing, Technology
- Valley Teen Leadership - Valley Teen Leadership is a highly interactive, four-month program, run by Valley Leadership, that instills leadership skills and an awareness of community needs in emerging youth leaders from around the Valley. Fifty high school sophomores and juniors who are selected to participate will learn from community leaders, explore solutions for the community, and gain awareness of volunteerism. More information can be found on the application. The deadline to apply is November 17, 2009.
- 2010 Outstanding Young Man/Young Woman of the Year Award - The City of Phoenix Youth and Education Office is now accepting applications for the 2010 Outstanding Young Man?Young Woman of the Year Award. The award is available to current high school students and offers a $250 award to one young mand and one young woman from each of theh eight council districts in Phoenix. One young man and one young woman will then be selected from the winners to receive an additional $2,000. Applicants must reside within the City of Phoenix and send their application in by December 11, 2009. Applications are available online.
|Annual Public Notification of Nondiscrimination|
Glendale Union High School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in admission to its programs, services, or activities, in access to them, in treatment of individuals, or in any aspect of their operations. Glendale Union High School District Career and Technical Education department does not discriminate in enrollment or access to any of the programs available, such as business, applied technology, FACS, nursing, and fire science. The lack of English language skills shall not be a barrier to admission or participation in the district’s activities and programs. The Glendale Union High School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.
This notice is provided as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Questions, complaints, or requests for additional information regarding these laws may be forwarded to the designated compliance coordinator(s): Jim Threadgill, Administrator of Operations and Athletics, 623.435.6006 or Wendy Collison, Administrator of Special Education, 623.435.6067. 7650 N 43rd Ave, Glendale, AZ 85301.
Notificación Pύblica Annual de No Discriminación
El Glendale Union High School District no discrimina raza, color, nacionalidad, género, edad, o incapacidad de admisión a sus programas, servicios, o actividades, en acceso a ellas, en el tratamiento a individuos, o en ningún aspecto de sus operaciones. El departamento de Educatión Técnica y de Carreras del Glendale Union High School District no discrimina en su matriculación o en el acceso a cualquier de sus programas disponibles, como business, applied technology, FACS, nursing, y fire science. La falta de habilidades inglesas para idiomas de hablar no será una barrera a la admisiόn ni la participaciόn en las actividades del distrito y programas. El Glendale Union High School District tampoco discrimina en sus contratos o practicas de empleados.
Esta noticia es provista y requerida por el Título VI del Acto de Derechos Civiles de 1964, Sección 504 del Acto de Rehabilitación de 1973, Título IX de la Enmienda Eduacativa de 1972, en el Acto de Era de Descriminación de 1975, y el Acto de los Estadounidenses con Habilidades Diferenciadas de 1990. Preguntas, quejas, o para más información con respecto a estas leyes pueden remitir por al coordinador de compliance. Jim Threadgill, Administrator of Operations and Athletics, 623.435.6006 or Wendy Collison, Administrator of Special Education, 623.435.6067. 7650 N 43rd Ave, Glendale, AZ 85301.
Site Powered by: SharpSchool © 2004 - 2013. District Content Management System